Friday, July 11, 2008

SKY WATCH FRIDAY

This is the bridge over the river Tagus - the bridge I cross everyday to go to Lisbon, the capital.

In the left bank of this river is the city of Almada and the monument you see is "Cristo Rei" - Christ The King. It was inspired by the Christ the Redemeer, statue in Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - and it was inaugurated on May 17, 1959.



To see much more skies please visit our host, Tom.


A ponte 25 de Abril liga Lisboa e a margem sul, estando Almada na margem esquerda do rio Tejo. O monumento ao fundo - o Cristo Rei - foi construído à semelhança do Cristo Redentor no Rio de Janeiro, e a sua construção iniciou-se em Maio de 1959.


Para ver mais participações, espreitem aqui.

14 Comments:

Blogger SandyCarlson said...

That is one big bridge! You took the photo from an interesting angle.

3:27 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

I always like to look at the bridges from this perspective! gives a nice touch for the sky, right?

3:27 AM  
Blogger bcmomtoo said...

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to see what you see every day.

4:19 AM  
Blogger Jerez Sherry said...

azure....Bellisimo..

9:43 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Unfortunately Tom is on bed rest today and for the first time you are stuck with me. I have my orders to visit as many as I can, and make sure the links are working and everyone is being good. I am sure you are all being good.
Tom and I thank you for Sky-Watching this week. I am sure that as soon as Tom's heart beat settles down he will be back here and visiting.

JANE

1:40 PM  
Blogger Louise said...

Nice shot! I'll be back. And I LOVE your cat!

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bela fotografia. Tudo em Portugal é lindo. Lisboa é bela.
Beautiful shot and Lisbon City.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um ângulo de abordagem à ponte quase único!

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Que puente tan alto! Me gusta la foto.
Un saludo desde Finlandia. :)

10:19 PM  
Blogger ***Fotografia e Luz*** said...

Ola Dulce, que saudades tenho dessa ponte, vivi mesmo ao lado dela, foi la que passei a minha enfancia, muito nadei na doca onde hoje são os bares muito obrigada por me fazer recordar o passado, bom fim de semana

10:21 PM  
Blogger Fish Whisperer said...

I really like your photographic eye. You have some great shots.
Cheers

6:01 AM  
Blogger Louis la Vache said...

On a different subject, "Louis" et Mme. la Vache celebrate their premier anniversaire today.

7:27 AM  
Blogger AnneKa said...

Hallo from north Norway. Last week I saw all Sky Watch Friday photos and they were all great, and I hope to see them all this week too. I love to travel around the world this way.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful sky watch and have a great weekend!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Daniel J Santos said...

bela perspectiva de uma bela ponte, muito bom.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

8iy