Sunday, December 07, 2008

TODAY'S FLOWERS

I love flowers and I love to photograph them but unfortunately I only know the names of very few. This photo was taken in Açores - Terceira Island. I tried to find its name on the web but gave up. I didn't find anything. Once more I hope someone could tell me.

Look here to see many more.

Gosto de flores e especialmente de as fotografar, mas infelizmente apenas sei o nome das mais vulgares. Esta foto foi tirada na Ilha Terceira - Açores - e, apesar de ter procurado na net o nome dela, não consegui descobrir. Fico à espera que alguém me saiba dizer.

Espreitem outras flores aqui.



13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flower is a poinsettia..
Please take a look at my pictures and click to enlarge:)
This is a beautiful shot of the flower.
- Cheers from Canada.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It looks like a poinsettia to me too.

10:11 PM  
Blogger ♥ Denise BC ♥ said...

Olá Dulce
Vejo que já lhe socorreram.
É uma flor muito interessante e bastante diferente, pelo menos por aqui.
Abraços, Denise

10:32 PM  
Blogger Redzlan said...

Very unique flowers, never seen it hence don't know the name.
Thanks for sharing.

10:49 PM  
Blogger The Good Life in Virginia said...

you have taken a picture of the center of a poinsettia. lovely shot.thank you for sharing with us.

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! what a pretty poinsettia you got, yes it looks like poinsettia, nice capture, thanks for sharing.

1:05 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Very nice photo of the poinsettia!

2:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that it is pointsettia. The center part is the actual flower, and the red parts are called bracts, although they look like petals they are not. I love the little yellow circles, looking like little mouths.

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love how you capture it too!

8:41 AM  
Blogger This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Dulce: What a neat look of the flower of Christmas.

4:51 PM  
Blogger mfc said...

Pelos vistos já descobriram...
Eu só sei que é linda!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Daniel Santos said...

muito bonito, excelente imagem.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Pra Angela Fernandes de Carvalho said...

Olá, pode-me dizer o nome dessa flor? É o mesmo que o dessa? http://almeida.yolasite.com

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

8iy